Friday, June 20, 2014

Projects

So besides having fun with the kids I have been doing a lot of projects. I feel like I had to make up for the time I missed being sick and pregnant. Plus I have gone into cleaning and organizing over drive with this pregnancy and nesting has kicked into full gear. Its been great to get organized, but our DI pile is huge! Also I am pretty sure this is the cleanest our house has been when it comes to the deep cleaning aspect. Hoping to get the carpets cleaned soon to really finish it off......but anyway.....here are the projects....

Teacher Gifts: "Thanks for helping us grow"

We had to switch the kids rooms around to make room for the baby. That meant that the guest bedroom/storage room needed to become a room and we need to figure out what to do with all that stuff. I asked Dave to build me shelves in the closet. They turned out amazing!!! I love that I can ask Dave to do anything for me and he will figure out away. Now we have so much storage upstairs in the hallway and finally have a place for towels and blankets!  

Before 

After

Before

After 

We moved Lily downstairs....she gets the queen bed on the condition that when guests come she gets kicked out. She was fine with that. 


Oakley moved into the "butterfly room." She looks so big in a big girl bed!

In order to get ready for summer I also had to rework the quiet time stuff. With three kids that don't take naps, but still need down time I knew I needed something. Our church bag also needed some updating. I did a "busy bag swap" a month or so ago and thats where a lot of these activities came from and I also add more myself. Each bag (three for each main room) including the church bag includes 10 different activities ranging from counting, letters, patterns, colors, and sorting. They were a lot of work, but have been working out great. 

Found these bags at hobby lobby


Here are a few of the activities....

File folder matching game

Match the beginning letter

Pocket games

Popsicle Matching: Busy Bag Swap 

Play dough mats 

Crayons and coloring books

Butterfly symmetry: Busy Bag Swap 

Pasta Sorting: Busy Bag Swap (Audrey made this one and Paisley loves it!!)

Word Matching: Busy Bag Swap

Counting Cards: Busy Bag Swap 

Pizza Making: Busy Bag Swap

Popsicle Colors: Busy Bag Swap- Oakley loves this one at church! 

Counting clothes pins: Busy Bag Swap 

The busy bag swap was so great and I am glad that I put it together. We all ended up with 15 different activities and the kids have loved them. 

Its been nice to have projects and get so much done, but there is so much more I want to do before this baby comes. Hoping to get most of it done by the end of June, but we will have to see what happens! 


No comments: