Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Easter

April 20, 2014
This year we tried something a little different for Easter, but with crazy busy schedules and a pregnant mom it didn't work out quite like I planned. I had found a book that gives ideas on a week long Easter. We tried some of the activities and i enjoyed the ones we did, but will make it more full blown next year. I want the girls to remember that the reason we celebrate the Easter is for the resurrection of Christ. We minimized the traditional Easter activities to only the Easter egg hunt at Gammies and gave on small Easter basket to all the girls on Saturday. Before we did the Easter Egg hunt we discussed the symbolize of why we did it to keep the focus on Christ. We also still dyed eggs, but discussed the reason behind that as well. I love the information you can find on the internet and hope to continue to the focus on Christ in coming years. 

Easter dresses


 Dying Eggs 









 Grandma joined us for Easter Dinner 

We also have some great pictures of the Easter egg hunt that Potts took that I will post as soon as I get them! 



No comments: