Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Couponing and Love and Logic

Another post without pictures, but something I felt was worth sharing! First I was able to get 120 items for 48 dollars thanks to couponing! I am so grateful Heavenly Father allowed me to find the way to couponing that I can help provide for our family! 

Next was a Love and Logic story that was just great. Over the weekend of Fall Break Lily had a rough go of not listening, being disrespectful, and finally kicking me. We were busy and there was not much I could do about it at the time beside tell her that when she does things like that she really drains my energy. Monday morning Dave still had work off so I could allow her to "refill" my energy. Her choices were to vacuum the stairs and the whole basement or clean out my van. She chose the second one. She already understood that by what she had done she needed to make up for it so no crying took place. In the middle of her punishment she came up to me and said, "Mom, I love you." What could be better? I didn't have to scream at her all weekend and in the middle of it all she still loved me. And as a bonus my van was all cleaned out and vacuumed! I wish I could be better at Love and Logic because it really works and I think everyone should use it! 

No comments: